Wednesday 21 July 2010

T-shirts by Mo


Today I started printing some t-shirts using imagery from the film. I kept the same colour palette, and decided to try some foil effects to give a Steampunk inspired twist.

This is the t-shirt after the first print. I applied two colours using the same silk screen.

Next, I applied a black pigment to the waves at the bottom, and then printed the whole outline of the design with an adhesive for foil.

I finally ironed on some gold foil. I wanted to make the image look distressed and weatherworn, so I only used foil over some of the design and kept it very faint elsewhere.

This is the second t-shirt design, featuring Cranky lurking at the bottom of the sea.


While I was making the t-shirts, I took some photographs of my screens being washed and the colours left on the table after printing. Some beautiful textures again!




2 comments:

  1. I especially love the second t-shirt, I think it is really pretty with all of the swirling designs. I hope you are having a lot of fun doing all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much so!! Loving being back in the print room :) I'll keep an eye out for this spy of yours so I can shake his hand xxx

    ReplyDelete