Sunday 18 July 2010

Made by Mo


Here are a few examples of merchandise I have been working on this weekend.
First, I decided to order some business cards from Moo, and while I was there I also ordered some postcards and stickerbooks.

Moo Mini-cards

Moo Stickers

I then ordered some postcards from Vistaprint:

Postcard Front

Postcard Back

I also applied the same images to some other products, including sticky notes:
Vistaprint Sticky Notes

And a mousemat:
Vistaprint Mousemat

The last item I would like to order is a book from Blurb. This website allows you to upload text and images and build them into your own book, which I think would be a brilliant way to show my project from start to finish. Unfortunately the book will take three weeks to arrive, so I will need to finish it and order it this week. This means that I will be unable to include images of the merchandise I am producing, but I think the focus of the book should be on the production and completion of the animated film and the techniques used to create it, such as laser cutting. I will also be able to include all of the ideas, concept artwork, drawings, sampling, storyboarding, computer-based design work and screenshots from the final sequence.

The final pieces of merchandise I want to create are t-shirts, badges, soft toys, folding fans and printed textiles for bags etc.
The pieces I am currently working on are designs for silk-screens to begin printing. Here I have used the waves drawing featured in the animated film, and have used Photoshop to extract part of the image and build it into a repeat design:


I left the tops of the waves so that I would be able to incorporate other elements into the design, such as Captain Mo's ship bobbing on the surface, and would also have the option to create an all-over print.

I also started working on a design for a fan. I used folding fans as inspiration for Cranky's gills, so I thought creating my own design from elements of the film would be an effective extension of this inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of the fan and all over t-shirt wave pattern. Your merchandise looks fabulous. I might have to send a representative over to aquire some fore me....

    ReplyDelete