Tuesday 6 July 2010

Cranky in 60 Seconds

Cranky has finally got some movement. This sequence shows his entire screen time, from his dramatic entrance to sinking in defeat. The lantern will be knocked into his mouth in a different composition. I also added some smoke effects, which I created using a texture from a weatherworn stone floor and trimmed into a billowing shape. I animated the opacity and the scale, and also added a ripple effect.
Originally I had intended to show some little critters working away inside Cranky, but with all of the other elements combined I now think that this would be too much detail on screen at once. I have added the concept drawings to the end of this post, to show the original ideas, but have now decided to omit these characters from my final sequence.

Cranky appears 5 seconds into the sequence.






1 comment:

  1. Wow...
    This is really awesome and cool. Great job Chloe. Can't wait to see the rest. :D

    ReplyDelete