Wednesday 14 July 2010

Final Film in Progress

The final sequence is almost ready. I rendered it in stages as the various elements were added.

In this test, the seascape is building up from the wave effects shown in the last post, and the ship sets sail. The clouds were pulled into position but not fully animated, so they linger for a while and then suddenly vanish. This was the next task to animate, followed by Cranky's glorious debut.
I also added a title sequence, created using the 'poster' animation shown earlier in the blog, on Thursday 17th June. I added some animation to the poster elements at the end, making them gradually vanish and disintegrate. I also animated the construction of the scene, with the clouds rolling into frame, a spotlight around Mo's ship, the waves building up in layers and the background twisting into position, all ready for Captain Mo to set sail.



The second test piece includes the full Cranky sequence I created. Since all of Cranky's movements were already animated, I only had to drag the footage into position, and add an additional layer of waves to mask his entrance. I then began working on Cranky's lantern lure. To start, I had it bobbing in the middle of the ocean, and when Cranky surfaces I animated the lure layer to follow his movements. I used masks to animate the lure snapping in half and knocking the lantern into Cranky's mouth. At this stage, the lantern layer disappeared, since all of the lantern movement inside Cranky had been created in his own sequence. The next stage will be to add a cannon ball to hit the lure, and to continue the story, with Mo's ship being hooked down into the depths. The 'descent into the ocean' sequence can then be added, with Mo finally being drawn into the Underworld. Sorry, Mo.

1 comment:

  1. The title sequence is super nice, but I wondered at the bit where Mo goes down and all of the waves seem to rotate or flip, I wondered why you had them working from left to right rather than right to left?

    Otherwise this is looking so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete