Saturday 5 June 2010

Laser Cutting with Mo, Episode 2


The latest subjects for a laser cut makeover are some photographs I took in the first semester of the project. I decided to experiment in creating silhouettes from textures, in the hope that they could create effective shadows or set pieces for the final film. I selected some weatherworn brickwork and a gently rolling sea to use as test pieces. By altering the brightness and contrast of the images in Photoshop, I was able to extract enough of the texture to create a design which would be suitable for laser cutting. Shown below is the original photograph, and the final laser cut piece. The detail is incredible, and with some effective manipulation of the lighting I think they can become a valuable element of the final film.


No comments:

Post a Comment