Wednesday 30 June 2010

Captain Mo Likes...


I have just added a selection of links to websites I have found particularly inspiring during the course of the project, listed under 'Captain Mo Likes...'. These range from animation studios such as Pixar and Aardman to companies I admire for their merchandising ideas, like San X and Paul Frank.Other notable influences are The Moomins:- a charming collection of stories I loved during my childhood and have recently rediscovered in the form of some beautifully quirky bags:
http://www.itsgorgeous.co.uk/magento/bags?brand=183&p=1 I thought the use of the characters and patterns was really relevant to my own intentions.

For my own project, I hope to create merchandise which captures the visual qualities and characters of the film I'm making and reinvents them in a new context, such as stationery and clothing. My current ideas for products include bags, hot water bottle covers, t-shirts, badges and soft toys.

Moomin 'Spring Day Bag'

Moomin 'Little My Shopper Bag'


Moomin bags by Disaster Designs, accessed online at http://www.itsgorgeous.co.uk/magento/bags/moomin-spring-day-bag.html and
30/06/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment