Monday 28 June 2010

Captain Mo is Storyboarded



This week I created an enormous storyboard for the film I'd like to make. I found some old backing sheets from screen printing with nice blotty textures, and started collaging and scribbling down all of my ideas. Although I've now finished planning out the storyboard, I want to keep using this sheet as a base I can pin lots of other information and ideas onto, such as colour chips, photographs, sketches and After Effects plans.
Below, I've added the list of key events in the film, which I wrote to make my storyboard clearer.




STORYBOARD
  • Captain Mo sets sail. We watch him bob along the ocean waves as the clouds drift overhead.
  • Slowly the sky darkens and the waves grow calm. A lantern bobs in the water, casting a gentle glow. Captain Mo approaches.
  • Vooooooom!!! Suddenly... Cranky appears. Captain Mo’s ship reels, Cranky’s gills open and close.
  • Mo fires a cannon. The ball hits Cranky’s lantern lure. It tumbles into his open jaws and ricochets around inside him, illuminating his intricate workings for us to see. Little critters inside are controlling him.
  • The lantern tumbles to Cranky’s base, and with a dramatic swoon he sinks to the ocean depths, defeated.
  • A little lifeboat of Cranky’s internal critters bobs to the surface of the water. They bid farewell and exit right. Captain Mo follows.
  • Suddenly, Cranky’s tail resurfaces and grabs Mo’s boat, pulling him down to the eerie waters below.
  • We follow Mo on his journey downwards, passing curling tentacles, schools of fish, and piles of ditritus and broken cranky bits.
  • The waters grow dark and desolate. Mo’s ship glows in the darkness.
  • Finally, we reach the bottom of the ocean. The gates of the Underworld stand before Mo’s ship. Cranky’s head is buried in the sand. The Underworld’s gate slowly growls open... and we see Mo swept inside.
  • The gate shuts, the curtain falls. To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. ...
    Wow.
    When do we get to read the next installment? I'm already waiting with antipation...

    ReplyDelete