Tuesday 22 June 2010

Cranky Merchandise

Today I started thinking about what merchandise would suit my film if it were being promoted. T-shirts were my first thought, and I had a go at introducing Cranky into a design. I started considering other ideas, such as badges, stationery, posters and postcards. I posed the question on my Facebook page, and received a fantastic response of suggestions including mugs, bags, duvet covers, soft toys, playing cards and cushions. I hope to spend the final 4 weeks of my course designing products and merchandise, and a collection of fabrics inspired by the film. Thermochromic dyes (dyes which react to heat and change colour) could be an effective method of storytelling within these fabrics, relating elements of the narrative depicted in the project.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, nice idea doing merchandise. For the t-shirts, would you put the main cranky image on the front or the back.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete